2011年12月14日星期三

Bill Haas Is the Winner

After three playoff holes, Bill Haas has won the 2011 Tour Championship by defeating Hunter Mahan, winning the 2011 FedEx Cup in the process. By winning the duel titles, Haas has more than doubled his career earnings, taking home $10 million for winning the FedEx Cup playoffs and $1.44 million for winning the Tour Championship. 
The highlight of the playoff (and perhaps the shot of the year) was Haas' pitch shot out of a lake and over a large hill, which he knocked within three feet of the pin. This came on the second playoff hole, where Haas and Mahan both made par. On the final playoff hole, Haas made an impressive par after a poor tee shot, while Mahan conceded after failing to hole out in three shots on the Par 3.
Haas has had a great year, making the cut in all four majors and going to a playoff in two other tournaments, but failed to win a tournament this season until the last one of the year. This was the third win of his career, and by far the largest paycheck.
BILL HAAS: Yeah, this is very unexpected, I guess. I thought I was playing well. Last week I had a terrible finish on Sunday, a terrible back nine, and tried not to let that get me down. Just tried to tell myself try and put yourself in that same situation and try to prove to yourself that you can handle it. Even with all that said, I bogeyed two of the last three. Fortunately I made some birdies and was able to do that. Just tried to get in that moment more often. It just happened, I don't know.
I played with Luke Donald, and he birdied the last, and I thought that won the FedEx Cup for him, so afterwards I told him, I said, congratulations, I hope that won it for you, I just hope maybe I can win this tournament. That was kind of how it happened.
Fortunate to get in a playoff. It was my third one this year, I was 0 for 2 coming into this one. I told myself it's not over until it's over. You never know what can happen. I could hole this chip, anything can happen. And I did. It was somewhat of a learning experience for me because anything did happen.

Hunter played great. Hunter did everything he was supposed to do on 17, I just got very fortunate and pulled off a great shot that might not happen every time. Things just happened for me even though I thought the other side of it last week when I know it doesn't happen for you.
Winner's Bag: 
DRIVER: Titleist 910D2 (8.5°) with a Fujikura Speeder 757 shaft
FAIRWAY WOOD: Titleist 910F (13.5°) with a Fujikura Motore VC 8.1 shaft
IRONS: Titleist 712 CB Irons(2); 710 CB (3-PW) with True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 shafts
WEDGES: Titleist Vokey Design Spin Mill (54°, 60°) with True Temper Dynamic Gold shafts
PUTTER: Scotty Cameron for Titleist Studio Select Kombi (belly)
BALL: Titleist Pro V1x

没有评论:

发表评论